Uncover covered secrets like opening closet doors
For no more is there fear in being near evermore
To truth unfurled like an unsullied flag of beauty
In now unhidden glory adorning your true nature
In nurture of gladness bringing peace to the soul
Filling the hole dug before by shameful hypocrisy
To now be free to be who and what you really are
And freely dance so freely in newly won freedom
Gained even in this world of shackles and chains
Here in my prison
I await freedom
By which I’m driven
Back to my Eden
That I’ve been given
As promised beacon
Note: The Tableau is an invented stanzaic form that paints a single image in keeping with the name of the form, tableau meaning picture. Created by Emily Romano who suggests the word “tableau” be included in the title. The Tableau is:
- stanzaic, written in any number of sixains.
- isosyllabic, 5 syllable lines.
- rhyme at the discretion of the poet.
- written describing a single image.
- written with a title that includes the word “tableau”.