Here in my prison
I await freedom
By which I’m driven
Back to my Eden
That I’ve been given
As promised beacon
Note: The Tableau is an invented stanzaic form that paints a single image in keeping with the name of the form, tableau meaning picture. Created by Emily Romano who suggests the word “tableau” be included in the title. The Tableau is:
- stanzaic, written in any number of sixains.
- isosyllabic, 5 syllable lines.
- rhyme at the discretion of the poet.
- written describing a single image.
- written with a title that includes the word “tableau”.